Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Bee Card

I'm taking an on-line card class with Jennifer McGuire and Kristina Werner.  For the first week our challenge was to use a color combo of pinkish/purple, red, sky blue, orange and white.  Here's my entry.  I used stamps from Blockheads (the bees and flower medallion), an impression plate from Papertrey Ink and a small butterfly punch from Martha Stewart.  For my background I stamped the bees with orange pigment ink and embossed with clear embossing powder.  I then sponged blue pigment ink over that.  I find I don't use pigment ink that often, so this was a nice change.  The other inks are Memento dye inks.
This is a great class and I highly recommend it.

1 comment:

Gerri Herbst said...

What a pretty card!. Received your gorgeous Paris bookmark. The hot pink color is fabulous with the embossed blue Paris! C'est manifique! take care your fellow ginger, gerri