Sunday, February 27, 2011
Stampsmith Challenge Blog, is travel. At least one Stampsmith stamp must be used. I used the image of the cyclist. I stamped him on acetate and layered over a base made with glimmer mists sprayed over a stencil. I think the stencil is really supposed to be a gear, but it looked like a sun to me and then the idea for this card just fell together. I attached the acetate to the card with photo corners punched out of the same background.
Sunday, February 13, 2011
Gingersnap Creations and The Stampsmith Challenge have challenges running to make something royal or with kings and queens. My card uses a stamp from The Stampsmith and some fabulous paper from Graphic 45. The inverted circle die cut is a Spellbinder's Nestability. I'm feeling a bit like a queen myself. My husband gave me the night off last night and took the kids away for a little camp out (indoors). Otherwise, I probably wouldn't have been able to get this done. I've been busy helping the kids make their valentine cards for school.
Friday, February 4, 2011
I've been wanting to make some coffee filter flowers like I've seen elsewhere on the net and this challenge from Gingersnap Creations was the perfect incentive. For my first attempt, I kept things quite simple. I sprayed a bunch of coffee filters with a variety of inks and then cut them out using various dies. For this card, I layered up my green flowers, cut with a Spellbinder's die, and held them together with a brad in the center. Then I used the flower as the focal point of my card. I made a couple more of this same layout that I plan to share on Stamper's Quest.