Friday, February 4, 2011

GC86 Coffee Filters

I've been wanting to make some coffee filter flowers like I've seen elsewhere on the net and this challenge from Gingersnap Creations was the perfect incentive.  For my first attempt, I kept things quite simple.  I sprayed a bunch of coffee filters with a variety of inks and then cut them out using various dies.  For this card, I layered up my green flowers, cut with a Spellbinder's die, and held them together with a brad in the center.  Then I used the flower as the focal point of my card.  I made a couple more of this same layout that I plan to share on Stamper's Quest.
Supplies:  card stock (Papertrey Ink), sentiment (See-Dees), patterned paper (Memory Box), lace trim (Prima), Color Wash Sprays (Stamp Zia)

4 comments:

craftattack said...

Lovely card and flowers!

SmilynStef said...

Fantastic color combination and great layout to feature that big bold bloom ... thanks for joining our Spicy Supply Challenge at Gingersnap Creations.

Shar said...

Awesome coffee filter flower! Beautiful!

P K Glitz said...

Very pretty flowers. How unique to make them from coffee filters