Wednesday, September 24, 2008

ISCC13-Make ATCs featuring resist techniques



This week's ISC challenge http://www.innovativestampcreations.com/ischomepage.html was to make 2-4 ATCs using at least 2 different resist techniques. For my first technique I used Krylon metallic pens as a resist. I doodled over the ATC with the metallic ink, then sprayed over them with color wash sprays. The ink resists the water color.


For my 2nd resist technique I used embossing powder for the resist. I painted the ATC with acrylic paint then stamped a background image with embossing ink and embossed with clear powder. Then I added a lighter color of paint over the image. Once it was dry, I ironed off the embossing powder, allowing the first color of paint to show through. Some of the sheets that I used for this project are Elegant Artsy Swirls, Nature Silhouettes I, Majestic Women VI and Summer Elements III.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Nice one Cathy - I like both your resist ideas - I've got some paint so I'm going to try this one too... Thanks for sharing! (I also love those dress and harlequin stamps - you've inspired me to get my set out!)